IWIinvestor is New Zealand’s leading Māori-owned investment and financial advisory service.
We protect and grow the wealth of clients
Pou Tiaki i Ngā Rawa
Ko te waka o IWIinvestor tēnei e tuku mihi ki a koutou
I tēra ka tere whakamua tātou kia tau tika ngā wawata
No reira ngā mihi nui.
Greetings from the IWIinvestor waka to all who have placed their confidence in us.
It is without doubt we will progress forward to achieve the desired goals we all seek.
Therefore, greetings to all.
Whakatauki - 'Proverb'
Te tangata tiro kau noaiho ki te tihi
Ka kore e pikautia.
Te tangata tū pakari ki ōna hiahia
Ka tū tiketike ki runga.
A person who is casual in their approach
Will never reach great heights.
They who strive to succeed
Will be rewarded for their efforts.
IWIinvestor is New Zealand’s only Māori-owned investment advice service. We protect and grow our client’s wealth integrating kaitiakitanga and sustainability into all of our advice: Pou Tiaki I ngā rawa.
Our clients are whānau, hapū, Trusts, IWI and other Māori entities. We give investment advice to retail investors and provide portfolio administration services to wholesale investors. Our approach is to provide market-leading low cost, independent, socially responsible and highly diversified investment portfolios. We meet the needs of our clients across all types of risk profiles from cash, and lower risk defensive investments through to shares and higher risk growth investments.
IWIinvestor was established in 1996, and now advises on over $400 million in funds under management.
Our board have significant experience in financial markets both in New Zealand and offshore. The board of directors includes Debra Birch, Chair; John Bishara, Deputy Chair; Steve Napier; and Nat Vallabh.
Based in Taupō, our operation and team of financial advisers
Collectively the management team has over 40 years of experience in the financial services sector and have all been actively involved in the business including providing advice, client servicing, compliance, portfolio administration and monitoring and management. The diversity within the operations team and board ensures we maintain an open mind to new ideas and technology, and we continue to provide a relevant investment experience to our clients.
Our team also includes
In 2018 IWIinvestor provided access to a number of direct investment opportunities. These included facilitating the collectivisation of 10 Tūwharetoa entities, enabling them to invest as one in the new Te Pūia Tāpapa Direct Investment Fund. We also assisted IWIinvestor clients and other Māori entities invest in a hybrid bond offered to Tūwharetoa Trusts to fund the new SkyWaka Gondola which opened in mid-2019 on the Whakapapa ski-field.
Investing can be a bit daunting. Having the right partners by your side can be essential to help you achieve your goals and feel confident. Whether you are a Trustee or Whānau member wanting to make the best decisions for your Trust or family, we are here every step of the way to help you through the process.
Here’s where we can help you:
- We offer independent investment advice – our qualified and experienced investment advisers give you advice that’s in your best interest as we don’t sell any of our own products. Meet the team here.
- We have an extensive range of model investment portfolios that suit most situations – from lower-risk cash-based investments, through to higher risk growth investments, we have a portfolio to suit everyone. For more information see our models here.
- We have extensive experience over many years with individuals, Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Māori entities and other investment organisations so we have a good understanding of your requirements
- Our portfolios follow our Responsible Investment guidelines – something which we take very seriously and are constantly under review.
- We have a low cost and transparent fee structure compared to our peers.
- We can provide you with access to investment governance training should you need to understand the investment process in more detail.
Whether you are an experienced Trustee or new to investing, please contact us for more information.